I'm going to give a big shout out to DTE for taking proactive steps to help their customers learn how to save energy. There are lots of great tools on their website to help you get educated.
For example, MyEnergy Analyzer is an interactive tool that helps you easily evaluate how you use energy in your home and where you can save.
When you sign in, MyEnergy Analyzer pulls data from your bill history to give you a custom analysis. Please enable/accept cookies to get the optimal value from this tool.
* Get customized energy savings tips - find out where your home energy dollars are being spent
* Use the interactive cost calculators to determine how much you're spending to run appliances and equipment
* Run 'what-if' tests to see which improvements will give you the best return on investment
If you don't want to sign in, you can use the Home Energy Center instead to get generic advice.
* Compare your energy use with that of other typical homes
* Get an estimated breakdown of where your energy dollars are being spent
* Find general ways to reduce energy costs each month