Monday, August 25, 2008

Rules for a Perfect Day


I consider Tom Hopkins to be one of the worlds greatest motivational speakers. I had the opportunity to see him in person more than 20 years ago, and his speech that day has stuck with me until this day. His rules, strategies, and success plans are as true and relevant today as they were 20 years ago. He published a simple sheet with his rules for a Perfect Day, which I am happy to share with you today. I hope these rules will help you as much as they have helped me. Make it a great day!

I always live in the delight and reaity of being alive. My past is forever gone, my future -- an uncertainty, so I will be happy and thankful for each moment.

I never allow negative input into my mind . . . happiness is a choice and I choose to be happy.

I am thankful to God for my health, my loved ones, my business, and my country. I am also thankful for any pain in crisis that helps me grow because God has said: "Be thankful in all things."

I always take care of my body, realizing the importance of the words "moderation" and "balance" knowing that as I bring my flesh under control how much easier it will be to control my will and my actions.

I treat everyone the way I would like to be treated. I strive to have them like themselves better when they're with me.

I always avoid gossip, jealousy and negative thinking. Most people don't think about what they think about. I always make a conscious effort to hold loving and beautiful thoughts in my mind.

I always write down my priorities, thinking of my loved ones and my responsibilities. I may not get everything done, but I do the most productive thing possible at every given moment.

I always strive to humble myself before others, controlling my ego and making other people feel important.

I continually invest time in study, learning how to better serve my fellow man. I know my growth in all areas is in direct proportion to the service I give to others.

I never take rejection personally. I am first and foremost in the people business and thus, realize they can only reject my proposal, not me. I keep on keepin' on.

I consistently invest time in prayer, asking God to let others see the light of His shining love through me.

No comments: